Well, I was planning to do this giveaway a little later in the week, but I see an opportunity and am gonna take it 😉
Remember how not too long ago I received a bunch of samples of Gnu Bars from the folks at Gnu Foods?
Well, while part of the benefit of blogging is sampling some goodies for free, I still think the biggest benefit is the community and people involved. So, I always want to try to give back to you all. And giveaways of course are the best way to do that 😀
First, some interesting info about the Gnu Bars.
- Every bar provides 12g fiber, which is approximately 50% of the recommended daily value.
- They are sweetened with fruit juice and have no high fructose corn syrup.
- Aid regularity and heart health.
- They are both Kosher and Vegan friendly 🙂
Now, onto the reviews 😀 I have enjoyed these bars in various ways.
And even Makenzie enjoyed them a ton!
There are 7 different flavors of the Gnu bar, each with an enjoyable chewy texture and lots of flavor. Here are the flavors with a description of each.
- Banana Walnut – I really liked this one because it tasted pretty similar to banana bread. The banana flavor wasn’t overpowering, like in some of the other fruitier flavors. The texture seemed a bit chewier too, which I liked in this bar.
- Chocolate Brownie – This one is good for those who like chocolate, but don’t care for the overly sweet chocolate taste that other bars seem to have. It tasted like natural dark chocolate, not overly splenda sweetened and funny-textured chocolate I have found in other “health” bars. Not as good as the espresso one, but still very good.
- Espresso Chip – This was one of my favorites! It paired just perfectly with a cup of coffee. I really enjoyed how there was a chocolate flavor, but the coffee/espresso flavor was stronger. In my opinion, a lot of coffee flavored products don’t really taste like coffee, but this one did. Yum!
- Lemon Ginger – I liked this flavor at first, but the more I ate the bar, the more the flavors seemed a bit too strong to me. King of like a super lemony gingersnap. I think these flavors separately would be great, or if ginger was the stronger flavor with a small undertone of lemon, but having both be so evident in the bar was a little overkill for my tongue. I did still enjoy it in small doses, though.
- Orange Cranberry – This one is similar to the Lemon Ginger in that the flavors were a bit overwhelming. However, this one, the orange was the strongest. And too strong. If you really like orange, then you would probably like this. I am not a huge fan of oranges, so that could be why this was my least favorite bar. If the cranberry had a stronger showing in the taste, I probably would have liked it better. I do give credit to this one’s texture, though. It was the best in that sense because it had chunks of cranberries mixed in with the bar and those were a treat.
- Peanut Butter – I liked this one a lot too. The peanut butter was the perfect amount of flavor. It was a great snack and held me over well while I was out being busy.
- Cinnamon Raisin – This one was my other favorite! It tasted like an oatmeal raisin cookie to me. It was the perfect amount of sweetness, and also had a bit more bulk to the chewy texture with some raisin chunks in it. I will probably have to get more of these!
So, now what you all are waiting for! How to enter the giveaway. I will send ONE lucky winner a package with their own sampling set of these bars – one of each of the seven flavors. You will receive one entry for each of the following.
1. Post a comment letting me know which flavor you would most like to try, or which flavor is your favorite if you already eat Gnu Bars.
2. Link back to this giveaway on your blog and leave me another comment telling me you did so. If you can include a link to your post, that would help!
3. I added this one to go along with posting this early, to help out miss M! Link the photo contest voting on your blog AND ask people to vote for Makenzie #24, plus leave another comment letting me know. The link is the following: http://www.laurabrettphotography.com/blog/2010/02/vote-atlantas-cutest-kid-alpharettaatlanta-child-family-photographer/ Yes, I know, selfish plug for miss M. But you all love her, right? Right!
So enter away! Giveaway will end at 10pm EST Friday February 23!