This post will be as easy as, you guessed it, 1-2-3. Three things to say. Well, actually I have a whole ton more I could go on about, but to keep your interest I will limit it to three more pressing things and save the others for a later post. Plus, it keeps ya on your toes. 😉
1) Reminders: Please continue to vote for Miss Makenzie in the contest. Yesterday, there was one child’s number who was obviously getting computer generated votes. Every THREE SECONDS a vote would go into theirs and they racked up over 4000 votes in only a few hours. Who knows where it is at now?! Peter, being the computer nerd genius he is, was able to figure out exactly how they were doing this. And even though we could do the same, we don’t stoop to that level. Instead, we are trying to get the word out for people to vote the honest way (aka friends, family, and social media) so if you can continue to help us out that would be great. 😀 And for the record, it does seem that the voting has been changing to keep the computer stuff from working as you actually have to click a button now instead of there being an ability to automatic refresh. Click HERE and then choose #24! Thanks! 🙂
Another reminder – enter my giveaway for Gnu Bars. Open through Friday night. 🙂
2) Prayer Requests – Last night my sister, brother, and mom were supposed to come over for dinner and to hang out so I could get some extra visiting time with my brother before he leaves in a week. Well, on the way up here they got in a wreck on one of the main highways between where I live and where they live in Atlanta. It was not a serious wreck, but the timing is just AWFUL. A car rear-ended them and while, fortunately, there is not much damage and none of them had to go to the hospital, it still worries me a lot. The main issue here is that both my mother and my sister were in car accidents less than a year ago, both of which are just now getting resolved. None of these accidents have been their fault and none of them seemed serious at the time, but as time went on a lot of issues arose. From my sister’s accident a year ago, she has now lost feeling in her left foot permanently. From my mom’s accident a year ago, she ended up in severe pain about a week afterwards and it was due to herniated discs in her spine. Which she had to have 3 surgeries for in the last 6 months alone. Her last post-op checkup was on Monday morning…and Tuesday night she gets whiplash again because of this THIRD accident. So, please pray that my mom’s neck does not incur more serious damage from this. Please pray that any insurance issues are resolved quickly, unlike their last situation. In fact, my sister JUST got a car to replace the one that was totaled in her previous wreck not even a week ago! And that’s the one that was wrecked last night. Luckily, its not totaled and only the rear bumper will need work done. I just hope this time around everything is as pain and worry free as possible for them. They have both been through so much recently, way above and beyond these accidents, and I hate to see them suffer in addition to all the other worries they have already been facing. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers. 🙂
3) New Fun Workout – To lighten things up a bit now, let me tell you that I am SO glad I stuck around for my workout this morning! As you know, I have not been feeling that awesome lately. Every night through the night and then in the morning my chest, nose, throat, ears, etc feel very clogged and it hurts to swallow, headachey, etc. As the day gets going and I get moving, I do feel a lot better so I have decided to keep up with workouts this week. Just taking it easy when needed. For example, Monday I went to spin and didn’t push myself too hard and yesterday I rested because I had to tutor and I was in a bit more pain. Today I felt great after breakfast, so I packed up M to head to the gym, ready to kick some butt in a Group Kick class.
I go in to the group fitness room, set down my water bottle, take off my jacket, and look around to see….steps! Apparently today’s class was switched to a Group STEP workout instead of Kick because the instructor was sick and the only sub was the step instructor.
What to do? Go home since I’m already not 100% and don’t know if I feel up to a new workout? Or stick around since I couldn’t stand the thought of getting on a cardio machine have done a good bit of step at home with my Cathe Friedrich DVDs? I figured why not give it a shot? I normally don’t care for group step classes because the ones I have taken in the past are either not challenging enough or way too dancy for me to follow along well with if I haven’t done the same moves numerous times (one of the only reasons I can do Cathe step…many times to try a workout without embarrassing myself in a class until I get it) 😉
I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised. The Body Training Systems Group Step setup was way more athletic and it got me moving and the heart pumping really well. I don’t think it’s as good as Cathe, but I still loved it. And I am actually planning to now incorporate a class into my workout rotation. The more you get to know me, the more you will see that I go through phases of workout preferences. Sometimes I hate cardio and only want to lift heavy weights; sometimes I hate classes and only want to do the stepmill & elliptical; sometimes I want to workout at home more than the gym.
Right now, I am more into cardio and less emphasis on weights and I only want to do classes at the gym. For everything. My attention span for cardio and my desire to lift heavy have both gone down the pooper since my fitness competition and since they fit better with not pushing my body while trying to conceive. I have a tendency to try to kill myself with a tough workout when doing my own thing. Not bad for normal circumstances, but not good when wanting to keep my body out of physical stress. I simply want to do fun workouts and not have to think or plan everything. Enter classes. Kick, Power, Spin, and now Step as well. Plus, the motivation of others is an added bonus. I love being open to my workouts and being able to switch things up without stressing. Gym? Home? Classes? Sole workouts? Lots of weights? Lifting lighter? All sound good to me! No plan has to be perfect. Just get your body moving any way you enjoy. That’s how this whole fitness thing becomes a lifestyle anyways. 😉
Okay, so there it is. 1-2-3. Now 1-2-3 questions for YOU!
- Do you ever switch up your typical schedule? How often? Or have you been doing the same type of routine for a long time and still enjoy it just as much?
- Have you ever been in a wreck or had a surgery? From yesterday’s post, you can read about my worst wreck. Although only 1 car was involved…and my body completed the rest of the wreck. I had two surgeries to repair my elbow from that one. No others.
- Have YOU voted for M yet? Pretty please tell me you did! But don’t lie! 😉