Happy Monday! Today has been pretty blah here. I went to a spinning class this morning, which was great, but I have just been feeling really “off” the rest of the day. I have no appetite and nothing sounds remotely good to eat. I’ts 3:00 and all I’ve eaten is a bowl of oats, 1/2c grapes, and about 3/4 of an apple. This is not normal! I’m sure I will be a ravenous monster tomorrow to make up for it though. If you listen to your body, it will usually balance itself out. 🙂
Since I don’t have many interesting things to write about today, I will delight you in a review of a wonderful product I had the pleasure of reviewing over the past couple of weeks.
Popchips! I was soooo excited to get to try these out. And my expectations were not a let down. These are GREAT! Let me give a little background info on Popchips first. And then I’ll get to how each bag is popping full of flavor. 😀
These little rounds of joy are an all-natural chip (aka can understand the ingredients list) that is both delicious and can satisfy any craving for your standard potato chip. They are neither fried nor baked. So how are they cooked? They are wholesome potatoes that are shredded down and then they will “pop” into a chip from the heat and pressure applied to them in their cooking process. How cool is that? So there is no trans fat, no cholesterol, and at the most .5g saturated fat. Other pluses? No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. I doubt you will find that in other chips. 😉
Now for the fun stuff. Peter and I shared these chips with a couple of our lunches (remember our picnic this weekend) and with one dinner since we received them.
Even though he had a few of the bags I was still sure to sample each of the flavors we were sent.
- Original – Ummm, how is it possible that these taste exactly like a Lays potato chip? And they have the more crispy texture of a regular potato chip without the added grease. I have always though baked chips were the way to go…not anymore!
- Barbeque – These were my absolute favorite. I wish I had more. Which is why I will be buying some my next trip to Target (one of the places you can buy them). They have a bit more of a smoky BBQ flavor than your traditional barbeque chips, which I loved.
- Sour Cream & Onion – Once again, tasted the same as a traditional sour cream and onion chip. I really don’t know how they do it. If you liked this flavor growing up, then you have to try them.
- Cheddar – These weren’t as cheesy tasting as I thought they would be after the previous flavors I tried, but they were still delicious.
- Sea Salt & Vinegar – I must admit that I was slightly disappointed in these. Like the cheddar, I expected more flavor after trying the Barbeque and the Original. Since those two tasted so much like other potato chips, I was expecting the Sea Salt & Vinegar to match up to my old time favorite chip flavor. It was really good, but not the strength of taste I love for this specific flavor.
- Sea Salt & Pepper – I surprisingly really really liked these. They have a lot more of a peppery flavor than a salty flavor. It kind of reminded me of a baked potato but in chip form. Haha!
Have you tried Popchips? How do you like them? Or do you not care for potato chips? We honestly don’t have chips very often at all in our house, but I would be willing to make an exception for these. I prefer having other things as side items to my lunches or dinners and can’t get satisfied with a serving of chips for a snack, but these were a wonderful option to accompany my lunch on occasion. 🙂