These are totally random and will truly reflect the scattered brain that inhabits my skull, but who knows? Maybe you will learn something. Or at least get a good laugh in. 😉
1. Don’t ever buy any current or future children this toy.
That thing is as evil as it comes. It used to reside in Makenzie’s play room and then one night she carried it up to bed with her. I figured I would let her sleep with it. Well, it turned my previous angel of a sleeper who asks for “night night” and sleeps straight through 12 hours every night with no fuss into a little ball of fear for at least an hour every night since sleeping with it. The only thing I can fathom is that since it lights up, she now realizes she doesn’t like the dark. So, she turns it on, starts falling asleep, but then it cuts off just as she starts to fall asleep, she freaks out, screams, and the cycle continues. I hid that dern thing today, bought a nightlight, and a lullaby CD so hopefully those keep the sudden nighttime heebie jeebies at bay. This gal needs her sleep! And that gal is me…not the bundle of energy that is Makenzie.
2. Interval workouts are awesome! I’ve talked about this before, but I just love an interval workout. And I have recently realized that the length and intensity of the intervals can easily be adapted for my current fitness needs. Plus, they go by fast and aren’t so long that your coffee + oatmeal breakfast combo have time to take affect mid-run. Catch my drift? Here is what I did today after Power. It rocked!
3. Mangoes are a pain to cut up!
But at least they make a lovely addition to lunch. Mango, leftover brussels, and an avocado/turkey/spinach/onion/pepperjack wrap.
4. I have more willpower than I previously imagined. I only ate that ONE Newman-O to taste test. Peter worked from home today and he wanted some. I couldn’t avoid having one. It was VERY good. Way better than a normal Oreo because the creme is more creamy and more like icing. Mmmm. But I kept it to one, because I was satisfied with my lunch and really listened to if I felt the need for more. I didn’t so I left it at that. Knowing that they are there if I want any later makes it easier to not want to eat them all at once.
AND I actually left Target with just the things on my list. Now, you all know that takes serious willpower.
5. You all want some Amazing Grass!!! Hmmm??? Should I have saved this stuff for myself? 😉
- What is a random tidbit from your day?