Thank you so much for all of your cheers for me about actually completing a run! And also, for the many kind words you shared about my blog and also the ways you have grown through blogging as well. The comments were great to read. Keep them coming, since I love knowing why you love blogging as well.
Before getting more into this post, I would LOVE it if you all would click on over to Lisa’s blog and read the guest post I did for her. It is all about how we can truly respect our bodies and the importance of doing so. It is something I really enjoyed writing and I want to share it with each of you. While you’re over there…check out Lisa’s own posts as well. She is one awesome chick and I have known her through the online world for a long time. From the things we have gone through and how we relate to each other, I would think we are long lost sisters. She is one of my favorite ladies!
On to the Amazing Grass Giveaway Winner! I apologize for just now posting this up. But the winner is….#1!!! I don’t think random.org has EVER given a 1 as its result. How cool. So, that means Jessica from How Sweet It Is is the winner. Congrats Jess!!! I know you will appreciate this so you can have some chocolate and berry vegetables. 😉 Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get those to you ASAP.
Now for the Frontiers part of my post. Tonight for dinner I made a soup using a ready made soup mix that I was sent from the kind people at Frontier soups to review. I received 3 soups to try out and for the first one I decided to take the adventurous route and prepare the Indiana Harvest Sausage Lentil soup.
I have never had lentils before, so this was definitely taking my cooking to a new frontier. In a way I knew I would be comfortable with, since things I cook must be easy. 😉
The soup mix contains the following: green and red lentils, rice, onions, carrots, celery, leeks, paprika and herbs. No added salt, preservatives or MSG. Pretty good, huh? And easy too!
- Frontier soup mix package
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage (I used sweet turkey sausage)
- 12 C Beef Broth (I used 1/2 broth & 1/2 water to both save money and not have it be so “beefy” tasting)
- 3 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 28 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1C Red Wine
Step by Step
1. Rinse, drain, and pick over lentils.
2. Crumble and brown sausage in a 6 to 8 quart pot with oil.
3. Stir in contents of vegetable packet from soup mix. Add broth and lentils to pot.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
5. Add zucchini and simmer for 30 more minutes.
6. Add tomatoes and wine to soup. Simmer uncovered 15-30 more minutes.
7. Serve and eat! And have some of the leftover red wine for a treat.
Look for another Frontier soup creation making an appearance in my kitchen next week. And a formal review with more info of the products coming soon. Until then, if you want to try them out, check out their website!
***I added blogs to my blogroll, but had to go ahead and get off the computer. If I missed adding yours and you want it added please let me know. I wanted to be sure to add all of the blogs I regularly read and comment on so please don’t feel bad if yours isn’t up there. I simply ran out of time.