I loved reading your comments about photoshopping and understanding that we each are unique and how that makes us beautiful. Please note, that ideally we would never feel the need to compare ourselves to other women, whether in magazines or real life. However, in reality we do, so I just hoped to share a new perspective to adopt when doing so. Strive towards not comparing…but when you find yourself doing so, take a moment to think objectively about those comparisons. For more reading on those topics, check out Jen’s and Katie’s posts as well.
If you haven’t noticed by now, I love answering sporadic questions that can provide a little glimpse into who I am. And the randomer (totally a word), the better. I enjoy answering quesions almost as much as I enjoy reading all of yours. When I saw the 25 Things game that many have already posted, I knew I wanted to get in on the action. Thanks for starting this fun Julie!
- Where would you be able to spend hours and be happy? Anywhere I can be comfortable with a good book.
- What’s your favorite kind of doughnut? That heavenly Dutch Monkey blueberry donut I had awhile ago. Haven’t had another since, but it’s the best.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? Nada. Not even my ears.
- What is your favorite movie? Oh dear goodness. I would have to say The Labyrinth. I can’t even begin to explain why it’s my favorite besides it being a special bond with my sister. And Hoggle being our idol.
- Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? my friend Angie
- Are you still friends with the people you knew in middle school or high school? Two. My good friend Thomas who I only get to see 2x/year now that he lives in Virginia. And my friend Nikki who I am the matron of honor for in her upcoming wedding.
- What is the last thing you ate? Leftover sausage & lentil soup. Although I’m wishing it was a Dutch Monkey Donut now.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? a teacher or a journalist
- Name three things that are close to you right now: water bottle, camera, and duh a computer if I’m typing.
- What was your best subject in school? Spanish. Hence me becoming a Spanish teacher.
- What is your favorite restaurant? You really expect me to pick?! I guess I would have to say either Cheesecake Factory or Cheeky Taqueria.
- Any hidden talents? Would clearing a room after having lots of veggies count?
- What is your middle name? Jordan, but it used to be Danielle…I kept my maiden name for my middle and wish I didn’t. I like Danielle better now. That’s more than you all cared to know I am sure.
- What is your favorite website? seeing as all my computer time is spent blogging, I would have to say all your blogs!
- How old were you when you had your first kiss? 14…and don’t EVEN get me started on that. The dude STOLE my first kiss. It was a sneak attack and I hated every second of it.
- Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate, but of course!
- What is your favorite girl’s name? Makenzie!
- Favorite store? right now it is either TJ Maxx, Home Goods, or Old Navy for things that fit in my budget but are still nice
- Would you rather be a rock star or a famous athlete? Famous athlete.
- Favorite food? Pizza! and sweet potatoes. But definitely not together.
- What are you wearing right now? workout capris, sportsbra tank, socks, and tennis shoes – still from this morning when I didn’t get to do my workout thanks to a fussy M. I cleaned a ton today instead so it all evens out.
- What is your favorite animal? horses. I miss riding!
- Did you graduate from college? Yep. From UGA. Summa cum laude. One flippin B kept me from doing it with a 4.0 as well. I will never forgive that English teacher. Figures I could knock out A’s easily in Spanish but my one B was in English.
- What does your last text message say? I don’t remember. I am not a big texter.
- Do you have any nicknames? Tina since my full name is Christina…and Peter has some choice ones that you probably don’t want to know 😉