Happy Satruday all!!! And happy first day of May. I am having a hard time believing that one though. There is no way it is already May. Hopefully May will bring some great things our way. And even though April didn’t include everything I could have hoped for right now, it did show me lots of things. It’s amazing all the little life lessons that happen if we just open our eyes. Some pointless, some necessary. And all exciting. I know I have had my share of little lessons this past month! So here are my top ten Lesson of a Mommy Blogger: April Edition.
1. I don’t need meat in my life as much as I previously thought.
I know this one might be a little bit surprising. I am in no way saying that I am becoming a vegetarian, because I do still like eating meat and I feel it is a great way for me to eat to truly get a balanced diet and the nutrition my body needs. However, I used to make sure I had so much protein in my diet and lower fat because I thought that was the best way to have a fit body. Au contraire I have learned. I have been enjoying lots of meat-free meals and options lately and don’t miss having to plate some chicken with my dinner all the time. When I made the sausage & lentil soup, I discovered I loved lentils and I even served some of my bowls sausage free and didn’t miss it. I found a new love for tofu and how delightful it can be to cook with. And I don’t feel guilty for having a frozen meat alternative product because it is higher in carbs and lower in protein than chicken, like I would have awhile ago. Opening up new options in the way I eat is fun, but this girl won’t be saying adios to her chicken or beef either.
2. I actually LIKE yoga.
Remember, at the beginning of April, Nicole started the “Do What You Don’t Challenge” and I decided that I should incorporate yoga regularly into my routine? Well, I have stuck with it and that won’t be changing because I love the calm, strength, peace, empowerment that yoga brings to me. Plus the extra flexibility. I needed to improve on that.
3. Don’t be surprised if you get sucked into a TV series you didn’t expect.
Watched ONE episode of this online and now I have to watch it every week. I don’t know what it is. It doesn’t compare to Friends for instance. But I still find myself watching. Maybe it is the fact that it is actually a decent enough drama television series. Because we all know the reality shows are starting to wear on my nerves.
4. You will never fully be able to understand the ways of kids. Like how she is scared of the baby swing, but not the regular swing. And how running around bottomless is the best thing since sliced bread.
5. That not only will you never be able to fully understand how kids think, but also that you will never be able to fully protect them. Exhibit A:
We had a tumble down the stairs this week and it was awful being powerless to stop it. It was only the bottom 4 or 5 steps but it did lead to a nasty bump on the head and a bitten/bloody lip. I tell ya, that moment was probably the second scariest of my life with Makenzie. The first of course being when she stopped breathing and we had to rush her to the ER and spend four days in the hospital. I’ll save a Flashback Friday for that one. This week she was fine and her normal self within the hour.
6. Georgia weather is wonky. Could you puh-lease make up your mind if it is going to be sunny or rainy??? Doing both, in the same day, within my line of vision just confuses me. And we already know I am easily confused, so if the weather could be taken out of that equation that would be great. Thanks weather man!
7. Old Navy has great, cheap priced stay-at-home mommy wear. Comfy shorts and basic tees for cheaper than a jar of organic coconut oil/butter?? Yes, please!
8. I can actually run more than 3 minutes at a time! Yes, I am still feeling the excitement of that one.
9. Blogger friends are the BEST!
The fun I had meeting up with two wonderful ladies and all the supportive comments/emails I have received this month have been phenomenal. Thank you so much. Annndddd….hello to all the new readers that are popping up and commenting. I love connecting with you all so keep the comments and visits coming. 🙂
10. I am strong. No further description necessary.