I don’t think it has ever been more enthusiastically said – “Happy Tuesday!!!!” After yesterday, today is indeed a very happy Tuesday. I knew it was going to be smooth sailing from the start. After all, my car made it to the gym in one piece. That is a great sign, right? 😉 I followed making it to the gym with an excellent workout. I did a Power + Kick class today. It amazes me every time I complete these classes how perfect they are for me right now. Even though I did 2 hours today, which for the record is not the norm, I did not leave feeling beat at all. They are perfect for many reasons.
- Adds variety to my workouts so I don’t get bored. I am limited in the workouts I am comfortable doing right now and having different classes helps keep it more interesting.
- The perfect amount of challenge. For example, today in Power I lifted heavy enough to feel a challenge but not as much as I could. In Kick I didn’t do moves at a very high intensity and kept everything low impact. I almost never leave feeling fatigued in any way, shape, or form.
- No numbers to get caught up in. I love lifting weights and seeing the amount I can lift go up. I love seeing my speed/interval times/resistance in cardio workouts improve. It isn’t realistic to push myself right now, so classes keep me focused on just going, doing the workout, and moving on. It is hard to hold back intensity when I am doing my own thing.
- Don’t have to think! I love making up workout plans, but for now I want to save that energy. I want to have the excitement to bust out some awesome workout plans when I can give them my all.
- They will be great to continue after I am pregnant. And please let that be soon. Anyways, I know the last time I was pregnant, I really enjoyed classes or some of my DVDs similar to classes more. Why not get my body used to them now, so I can keep up with when the time comes?
There was only one negative to today’s class. During Group Kick, they had their new Group Kick girl practicing teaching the class. She just went through the training about a month ago and is now practicing leading the classes. This isn’t negative because she was a bad teacher. Absolutely not! It was a negative because it could have been me. I was supposed to go through the training and get certified to teach Group Kick but decided to hold off and pulled out a couple months ago. I don’t know if I ever disclosed that on the blog. I decided that since my body doesn’t need additional stress right now, going through the training should wait until I can give the time and energy it will definitely require. Logically I know it was the right decision, but emotionally it is still hard to swallow. I cannot wait to be more involved in the fitness world and it is just another thing I have to be patient with. Think God is into testing my patience much these days? Love the Big Man, but sometimes I just want to say “Got It! Can we stop the games now??”. 😉