Well today seems to have been all about various “f” words. Fun, Facts, Flashbacks, Friday, and now Frazzled! Today has been one busy day. The morning went a little bit like this – wake up, have devotional time (only calm part of my day), eat breakfast, get dressed, get M dressed, feed M, pack up for the gym and extra snacks for afterwards. *deep breath*
Go to the gym for a power class, skip the abs & stretch sections to be able to leave on time to meet the Mom’s Group for a walk at 10:30, get stuck at a light a crew is rewiring for an extra 10+ minutes. *another deep breath*
Arrive at the park 15 minutes late, spend an hour with some of my new mommy friends, M starts fussing because she is tired, feed her a snack and pack her up to head home for her nap. On the way home…remember I have to make a dessert and side for the cookout with my friends tomorrow night and I need to go ahead and make said dessert when I get home….breathe….breeeeaaaaattthhheee….
Hold up! We will now interrupt our Frazzled Friday programming for something Frickin’ Fantastic. Oreo truffles!! Luckily, I decided not to return the ingredients for these little balls of goodness with the rest of the baby shower food, so I could have them on hand to make and bring to any of the potluck type activities our crew likes to do. After all, the shopping is the most difficult part of this recipe. Which allowed me to do our weekly grocery trip after making these, instead of before and have my list 6 items shorter. Every little bit counts, right?
Oreo truffles are a hit whenever I have made them, usually around the holidays when other truffles come out to play. Jessica from How Sweet It Is has posted about them before as well. And since no cooking is involved, mine could possibly be almost as magically delicious as I’m sure hers are. Let’s get to this Fabulous recipe.
- 8oz softened cream cheese
- 1 package oreos (regular or golden – I did both versions for our party)
- 12oz melting chocolate of choice (I did white for the regular and dark for the golden)
With those ingredients you would have no clue that I am an avid supporter of eating healthy, wholesome foods as the majority of your diet and do so myself. But all things in moderation. And you could definitely opt for healthier balls (a la Averie) but I opted for the processed kind. Mainly because I was looking forward to them last weekend and missed not sinking my teeth into one. And don’t fret – the side I’m bringing will be veggies and hummus. 🙂
Step by Step
- Chop the oreos in a food processor. Or if you have pent up frustration, you can put them in a large ziploc bag and take a rolling pin, pot, or your fist to them. I’m in a good mood today so I opted for the machinery.
- Mix the softened cream cheese into the Oreo crumbs until well combined. Please do this step in a bowl. No one likes bloody Oreos from from hands and food processor blades co-mingling.
- From the large Oreo ball, roll a bunch of little 1″ balls and place in the fridge to taunt you until you are ready for the chocolate dipping. Or in my case, until your husband gets home and can be put to work dipping.
- Melt your chocolate with a double boiler (or in the microwave) to a smooth consistency good for dipping. Be careful to melt slowly. You don’t want the chocolate to seize up and get all crumbly.
- Let the balls and the chocolate roll around together and have a good time.
- Set them on parchment paper and freeze once finished until the chocolate is set and firm.
- Savor the goodness to help relieve the Frazzledness you earlier experienced.
- Futilely attempt to have only a few. Fortunately, I have to save some for tomorrow so it kept me in control. But tomorrow, no one can stop me from eating Five…or Fifteen.
Another sign of how frazzled I was today? I completely forgot to post links to these great ladies’ blogs and their giveaways! Melissa from Crunches for Cupcakes, Holly from The Balanced Broad, and Sami from Freckled Foodie.